Thursday 23 September 2010

Nigel and Nigella.

I made Roast Tomato Soup With Basil and Olive Oil Toasts from Nigel Slater's The Kitchen Diaries.  It's an August recipe and he serves his chilled.  Given it is a bit colder here just now, we had ours hot but it still tasted very fresh and zingy.





Afterwards we had Nigella's Sweet And Salty Peanut Biscuits.  These were so easy to make and turned out addictively crumbly.





Nigel and Nigella are my Go-Tos.  For meals I almost always turn to one of my Nigel Slater books and for baking I love the Domestic Goddess book.  Both do very well laid out and beautifully presented recipe books and both do food I REALLY want to eat.  Just look at the simple effectiveness of the front of Nigella's book - gorgeous!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from earlier in the Summer when Adam helped me to make a courgette tart and a fruit jelly - just because I think he is such a cute little chef!






2 comments:

  1. Good home-made tomato soup is hard to beat.

    I appreciate both those books for the same reason you've mentioned.

    PS I like the look of the fruit jelly being proudly shown off by your little man Adam...I bet he gave it a good wobble too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true - home made tomato soup can really hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete