Monday 4 October 2010

Restaurant Review 7 - Ythanview Hotel, Methlick, Aberdeenshire.

Ythanview Hotel
Methlick
Aberdeenshire
01651 806235
www.ythanviewhotel.co.uk



This is our local.  We eat here fairly regularly.  Lovely village pub atmosphere, good pub food and child-friendly.

Yesterday we took the in-laws for tea.  
First up was Cullen Skink £3.75 - it was gorgeous - thinking about it makes me drool.  I love cullen skink and this was a fine example.
The kids had children's haddock, chips and beans - a big portion for £4 each.
I had a steak and ale pie - £8.50.  I got a huge pie with loads of steak in it.  I didn't manage to finish it but it tasted great.
Steve's Mum had a Caesar salad which looked really nice - £8.95.
Steve's Dad had breaded haddock and chips - £8.50.
Steve had Jay's curry with half rice and half chips - £8.50.  He always has this when he comes so it must be good!

The other good thing about this place is that they have a good selection of real ales.  Steve's Dad and I both had pints of Spitfire which went down very easily.

Our total bill for two starters, two kids' meals, four mains and drinks was £68.35.  I think it is good value for the hearty portions.  We really need to keep good, local places like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment