Wednesday 17 November 2010

Breakfast Idea Number 1 - Croissants with Mulled Carrot Jam.

The very lovely mangocheeks from Allotment 2 Kitchen sent me some of her mulled carrot jam.

I had it this morning for breakfast on a croissant.  The natural sweetness of the carrot gave me a fantastic shot of sweetness which helped to wake me and get me ready to cope with the kids.  She has kept any flavour from the spice really subtle so that the carrot is very dominant.  Works extremely well with the croissant.  Adam declared it a success too so that is a big compliment!

Dear Love Blog has challenged herself to do a different breakfast every day for a week so I have been following this and enjoying the variety of breakfasts.  I have breakfast every day but during the week it is usually just cereal and can get a bit monotonous.  Weekends are more adventurous if we're not too busy.  I think I would like to document a few breakfast ideas too so I'll start with the croissant and carrot jam - I think that's one that won't be on a lot of people's breakfast lists!  And, believe me, it is so easy to prepare if you get your friendly, local, blogging friend to make the jam for you then just spread it on shop-bought croissants. Now, I like breakfasts like that which don't need any faffing in the morning. 


10 comments:

  1. Carrot jam sounds very interesting ... hmmm, may have to have a shot at that myself ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love a jam (any type!) supplying friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped in as I saw your blog on UKFBA and recognised your lovely Denby. I'll definitely give this jam a go! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brownieville Girl - It is rather nice indeed getting lovely presents in the post - and edible ones at that! I recommend it. ;)

    Chele - I would recommend giving it a try - really a bit different to the usual chutneys and things - lovely and sweet.

    Really Hungry - Hi! We got loads of the Denby for wedding presents. Have you got a similar set?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your blog title! hahahah and the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I saw this on Mangocheeks' blog, you lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kath - yeah I'm very lucky! And she has inspired me try making my own chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrot jam. Mmmmmmm :P Great idea. That Mangocheeks is a smart cookie and a real sweetie to boot. Oh my, what a sentence that was. Anyone just learning English woul leave very confused.

    ReplyDelete