Friday 19 November 2010

Mini Prawn Poppadoms.



Well, I'm certainly getting my money's worth from this month's Delicious.
This is a recipe for really easy canapes.  I fancied trying them so I just served them to the family for tea.  I made up for the small tea by giving them sticky toffee pudding for pudding (it wasn't homemade - I'm only a learner domestic goddess).

These were really quick and easy to make and really very tasty.  Also looked pretty cute.  I will keep them in mind for any parties.  We don't have any parties planned this year as our house is up for sale.  Can't wait to get moved so we don't feel like we're in limbo anymore but nowhere seems to be selling around here just now.

Recipe - 
Makes about 20.

Ingredients - 
1 tbsp sunflower oil
200g raw peeled king prawns
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
3 spring onions, finely sliced
20 mini poppadoms
1 little gem lettuce, shredded
handful of fresh coriander, leaves picked
lime wedges to squeeze over

Method - 
1. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat.
2.  Add the prawns and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then add the sweet chilli sauce and spring onions.
3. Cook for 1 minute more until sticky and glazed, then remove.



4. Arrange the poppadoms on a serving plate, sprinkle a little shredded lettuce onto each, then spoon on the prawns and spring onion.
5.  Drizzle with a little more sweet chilli, if you like, and top each with a coriander leaf.
6.  Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.



2 comments:

  1. Oohh I saw them in the mag too and was trying to persuade a friend to have them for her xmas party, as we have nothing planned, glad they were succesful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne - Hi. Yes, they were a success. Looking at the photo, I think they maybe need a bit more colour. But I guess you could serve them alongside more colourful canapes for a party. Really easy to make!

    ReplyDelete