Tuesday 9 November 2010

Spiced Mushroom Pastry Roll.



I have been following Allotment 2 Kitchen for the past few months and it is one of my favourites if not the favourite.  Mangocheeks not only has loads of great recipes but her blog is also hugely inspiring.  She grows her own and also makes loads of beautiful looking preserves and chutneys.

We moved to the country five years ago and I had the piece of ground for my veg patch fenced off and ready for use.  I then got pregnant and all the great plans kind of ended there.  I did grow some small bits and pieces but only a little and I haven't grown anything at all this year being rather caught up in looking after my two wee ones.  So, I suppose Allotment 2 Kitchen lets me live vicariously without having to do the hard work.

Anyway, I liked the look of this recipe and so gave it a try tonight.



It worked very well.  It was quick and easy to make.  Steve and I both loved it. Don't be fooled by the photo below - we had way more than one slice each!  It could have done with a little more spice and seasoning because I had deliberately made it a bit bland to test it out on the kids but next time I can easily ramp that up a bit.  Adam ate all of his.  He did add some brown sauce, I have to admit, but I reckon I can let him away with that.  Rufus didn't really try it.  He can take a while to warm up to new things and he has a cold just now so isn't eating that well anyway.  Well, we're having the leftovers tomorrow for lunch so we'll see if a second offering will tempt him.  



Lovely recipe - thanks Mangocheeks.


4 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks great. I'm loving mushrooms right now and have been making big batches of mushroom risotto to take to work.

    Might give this a try sometime instead. It's just a shame my girlfriend doesn't like mushrooms so I'll have to eat the whole thing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top photo looks fantastic - I'd love to steal a piece from the screen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am usually not a big fan of mushrooms, but that looks delicious!

    Your little guy is just adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely compliment. I am truly humbled. Really Thank you.

    Thanks for letting me know that you made it too, I appreciate it and Thank you so much for sharing it with your reader. I will also put a link to your blog from the original recipe. Its nice to see recipes tried and tested.

    Warm wishes to YOU and your beautiful little family x

    ReplyDelete