Tuesday 16 November 2010

Sticky Chicken With Plums.



My younger boy and I found we had some time to kill while waiting for the puncture in my tyre to be repaired so we each got a magazine.  He got a 'Show Me Show Me' one and I picked up a copy of December's Delicious.  So, all our cooking this week has been from this magazine.



Started off with this one because everything is cooked in the one roasting tin and it is nice and easy with little in the way of preparation time.  

Recipe - 

Ingredients - 
2 tbsp runny honey
3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 whole large free-range chicken jointed into 8 pieces (I just used a pack of thighs and drumsticks)
2 red onions
6 plums, halved and stoned
1  tbsp olive oil
small bunch fresh thyme, leaves stripped
15g unsalted butter

Method - 
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/GM 6.
2. Mix the honey and mustard together in a small bowl, then brush all over the pieces of chicken.  Season.
3. Mix the onion wedges and plum halves together in a roasting tin, with the olive oil, fresh thyme leaves and some seasoning.  Dot over the butter and top with the chicken pieces (skin-side up).



4. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, sticky and golden.  Serve with creamy mash.  (I served mine with roasted potato wedges because the oven was on anyway).


Well this was so very quick and simple to make and with minimal washing up.  I enjoyed it - I like most things with fruit in but Steve wasn't so keen on the plums.  Rufie ate up all the plums and potatoes but only a little of the chicken whereas Adam LOVES nothing more than chewing chicken off a bone so he got through all his chicken, all Rufie's and asked for more.  Didn't eat his plums, though!  Pah, kids!



4 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and nice to meet you. Oh my, you just got me on this one here. Minimal the washing job. haha.... I think every mom's love it! I love it! Thanks for sharing & enjoy your evening.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristy - good to meet you too! Yes, anything that makes life a bit simpler and easier is important with kids, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have this issue so I can follow along, I think your blogs brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you won't find my blog at all interesting this week as I am making things from this magazine every single day!
    Thank you so much for that lovely compliment. :-D Feeling very chuffed now.

    ReplyDelete