Thursday 19 May 2011

Harissa Sweet Potato Wedges.


The boys and I had this for our lunch the other day - so quick but also tasty and nutritious.
The recipe is from BBC Good Food May 2011.
I have just picked up the June Good Food and am looking forward to planning some meals for next week from it.  I do tend to gravitate towards the quick and easy recipes and there are usually a few good ideas in these magazines.  I also like that they quite often give tips for what to do with leftovers if, for example, a recipe uses half a jar of something. Unfortunately they didn't do this for the Harissa paste so I'll have to go scouring recipes to use this up.  
And another good point is that they give temperatures for a fan oven.  I have just moved to a fan oven from gas and so need all the help I can get.  So far, though, it seems to be a great little oven - cakes seem to be cooking more evenly - yay!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to subscribe to Good Food.  I have had a subscription in the past but cancelled it when on maternity leave and needed to save the pennies.

Recipe.
Serves 4.

Ingredients - 
1 kg sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
1 tbsp harissa paste
soured cream and chives, to serve

Method - 
Heat oven to 200C/180fan/gas 6.  In a large bowl combine the wedges with the harissa.  Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 40-45 mins until the potatoes are tender and crispy at the edges.  Serve with soured cream mixed with snipped chives.


2 comments:

  1. Mhhhh sounds delicious! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I adore sweet potato, they make such a great alternative don't they? and so simple with the soured cream... perfect!

    ReplyDelete