Tuesday 24 May 2011

Sausage Rolls and A Visit From The Fairy Hobmother.


Now this is something so easy for the boys to do pretty much on their own - sausage rolls.
I used a packet of puff pastry which was pre-rolled and cut it into six pieces for them.  They then spread each piece with a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard and placed a sausage (with skin removed) on top.  They then had great fun rolling them up.  Finally, they glazed them with beaten egg and I stuck them in the oven for them.  So easy, little mess and two happy little boys who were delighted that they had made a satisfying lunch for Daddy after his first 10K race in about 6 years.



And you'll probably already be aware of The Fairy Hobmother and their recent ingenious marketing.  The Fairy Hobmother works for Appliances Online and has been giving lovely gifts to lots of my fellow bloggers recently.  After commenting on Eat Like A Girl's post about her getting a new Magimix from them, The Fairy Hobmother got in touch and offered me £10 of Amazon vouchers.

I have decided to use my vouchers to partly pay for a Kenwood Chef Flexible K Beater.


I'm hoping that using this will mean I don't have to continually scrape down the sides when using my Kenwood Chef.  Once it arrives and I try it out, I'll let you know what I think.

In the meantime, if you leave a comment on this post, you get a chance to be visited by The Fairy Hobmother yourself - good luck!

6 comments:

  1. Those sausage rolls look so delish and I love them with baked beans!

    Your boys are cuties :)

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun recipe to make- infact, I was thinking of making them for an upcoming picnic, thank you for the recipe! That is such a delightful first picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've just started making sausage rolls too - they are much nicer than the ones you buy in the shops! My husband takes them to share out when he goes fishing to keep their strength up! Great post, and congratulations on your voucher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah sausage rolls and baked beans. Surely this is heaven!?!? Pah! To the fairyhob mother!! Pah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thing to do with your boys. Love it that they are growing up to think cooking is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys are just so adorable!!:) You must be one of the most awesome moms to allow your kids to cook, and yes, it's great practice to let them pick up responsibilities now and then, and it needs to start from young age:D
    They turned out great...they are talented:) I bet they made them better than I do...LOL, since I am not really much of a cook myself;)

    ReplyDelete